Resident PortalAs a resident, you will have access to a portal where information on your account, your lease, your utilities, community events and general information and updates will be accessible. We encourage residents to check the portal at least weekly and allow push notifications for community updates.
Residents can access the portal online at www.westdaleresidents.com or through the Westdale Living Mobile App, available on Google Play and The App Store.
Rent PaymentsRent payments can be made in many convenient ways. Residents can set up recurring payments or one-time payments in the resident portal or use the walk-in payments (WIPS) method to convert cash to an electronic payment at many local, convenient retailers. Residents may set up text-to-pay or use a voice assistant to pay rent and any outstanding balances. For voice assistant payments, please add the RENTCaf Resident Services Alexa Skill. Check with management staff for help with any of these options.
- $300 non-refundable fee per animal.
- $25 monthly rent per animal
Reptiles, poisonous animals, exotic animals, farm animals, animals raised for food or commercially, etc. are not allowed. Small mammals that are in a cage, fish, and caged birds are allowed and not subject to a pet fee or rent.
Service animals are not considered pets. Please contact the management team with any questions on the animal policy or to discuss a service animal.
Satellite DishesNo satellite dishes are allowed.
- $10 Monthly Utility Billing Fee
- $30 Monthly Trash Fee
The water, sewer, and trash utilities are kept in the landlords name and are billed back to the resident based on actual usage as measured by individual meters for each home. Residents will receive a monthly statement and the actual usage will be billed back to the resident ledger. Residents may review these charges in the resident portal. The monthly Utility Billing Fee covers the processing of invoices and billing. There is also a one-time setup fee due upon first billing.
Cable/phone/internet/satellite services will need to be set up in the residents name through a provider that services the community.
- $25 Monthly Smart Home Fee
Renters InsuranceThis community requires all residents to obtain and maintain evidence of liability insurance throughout the term of your lease, including lease renewals. Prior to move-in, residents are required to purchase and maintain Renters Insurance with minimum liability coverage of at least $100,000. The policy should list our community as an additional interested party.
If a resident does not provide sufficient proof of insurance coverage, the resident will automatically be enrolled in a liability-only policy and assessed a charge of $20 per month until the resident secures insurance through another insurance provider and provides proof of insurance to management. The liability-only policy only covers damage to the structure of the home if the resident causes the damage. It does not provide coverage for personal belongings if personal property is damaged by a resident or their guest.
Pest ControlResidents are responsible for pest control at their homes.
- $75 Monthly Lawncare
- $30 Monthly Trash Fee
MaintenanceResidents will submit maintenance work order requests through the property online portal. Once received, management will notify residents as to how the request will be handled. Our maintenance staff service most major mechanical issues. Residents are responsible for any maintenance items not covered by management.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of what Westdale will address:
- Major plumbing repairs such as line blockages from tree roots or cracks in the main lines not caused by resident negligence or misuse.
- HVAC replacement or major repairs not caused by lack of filter replacement.
- Appliance repairs or replacement caused by age of appliance or repair needed that is not related to resident negligence or misuse.
- Broken window or door glass by weather related events or product issues
- Garage door issues related to mechanics and not vandalism, resident negligence, or misuse.
- Roof repairs or replacement
- Fence picket and post replacements unless damage is due to resident negligence or misuse.
- Door locks related to misalignment or sticking (Lockouts are not a landlord responsibility and will not be performed by Westdale management)
- Repairs to plumbing and fixtures related to life expectancy of those fixtures and not due to resident negligence or misuse.
- Electrical repairs related to wiring, switches, outlets, and breakers. Flooring issues related to age or warranty issues.
- Changing light bulbs
- Changing the HVAC filter every 30 days.
- Replacing batteries in garage door opener remotes
- Unjamming and resetting garbage disposals.
- Winterizing exterior faucets
- Maintaining the yard in compliance with HOA or community standards (Lawncare will address the lawn, however, any ornamental additions & de-weeding will be the residents responsibility to maintain in compliance with the HOA restrictions)
- Replacing irrigation parts damaged by residents.
- Watering the foundation
- Keeping garage door sensors aligned so garage door properly opens and closes.
- Unblocking toilets with a plunger to clear minor clogs
- Keeping hair and foreign objects out of drains and using zip strips to unclog minor drain clogs.
- Any damage related to misuse or negligence by residents, occupants, or guests.